Powered by Blogger.

Salt Lake Temple Picture

Friday, November 20, 2009

The GYM!


So many of you know I have a goal to lose weight! I have lost 50+ pounds so far and have lots more to go but the journey has been amazing! Hard, but trully mind bogling! I have learned so much about myself mentally, spiritually, and physically. Such as, I am a WUSS! I have been trying to condition my body to run for more than 1 minute on the treadmill. I give up really fast and go back to walking! It is pretty embarrassing when I look over and some old man is running like he is being chased by a girl! So as I compare myself to old men...I get frustrated and think I can't ever reach my goal of weight loss or running. There goes my dream of running 5K's and 10K's...RIGHT?!
Ha, no! I am part of an elite club that really has made a HUGE difference in my life! There are some REALLY great ladies that have listen to my ups and downs in life and don't judge me or make me feel like a moron who can't more faster or be thin! They share suggestions, laugh with me, and cry with me when I am donw and really feel low. It's a great deal all around because I am able to do the same for them! They have helped me get to where I am and are pushing me to keep having success and reach all my goals. I couldn't ask for better friends...from around the country!
So yes I attend the gym. I am a 24hr. Fitness Gal and I love going there. Though the trainers are snobs (they don't talk to anyone unless they pay them to work with them)! There is a wide variety of people there and I feel very comfortable going there to get healthy and lose some of this baby/tween/teen/early 20's fat! I love going there...except for the locker room. I hate going in there sometimes. There are times when I am frantic and have to go in there and other times I hate going in there. My biggest complaint is that some people are to comfortable in their own skin. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Cover up! I guess I will just have to get to be friends with the tiles on the floor! But really FOR THE LOVE, be considerate of other peoples eyes! OH and whats more...how rude is it for people to talk on the phone in the bathroom! Some functions are not meant to be shared with family and friends, especially when the functions are from strangers! Ahaha! True story! No, I won't share!
So my journey to be healthy and thin is out in the open and I believe I am ready for others perspectives and help! I am ready to share this journey and if you are okay with it I hope you join me in this life long journey to be healthy, active, and strong! The choice stars NOW!

3 comments:

  1. Sara! I am so impressed! No marathon runner started with 26.2 miles--you can't expect to be running regularly from the beginning. Try intervals. Run for 30 seconds, walk for 30 seconds. Another thing that helps me condition for running is if I walk, I ALWAYS walk on an incline of at least 8 or 9, with ankle weights. You'd be amazed how much it does for you. You keep going, girl and let us know how you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE running!! I can't see when I run, my eyes bounce around, and at the end I always feel like I am going to either pass our, or be sick. It has never mattered what shape I was in. Running isn't for everyone. Sometimes you have to find something that is meant for you. I found I really enjoy pilates, Zumba, and other things that use your muscles with out making me feel motion sick afterwards. You are doing so great. I have decided that when I am done with this pregnancy, that I am going to do what is best for me. Thank you for all your help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying for a good 5 years to do what you're doing now. I know I need to do it, but I keep not doing it. I have so many excuses and no results. I think the hardest part is having the guts to start. I am so proud of you S! Oh, and P.S. I went to the gym for a few months when I was pregnant with Josh, and also saw an excessive amount of flesh. It was sick and wrong. Eeew!

    ReplyDelete