Powered by Blogger.

Salt Lake Temple Picture

Saturday, November 10, 2012

What We've Been Blessed With!

Ever since I arrived at school yesterday and through to today we have been blessed with an abundance of.....SNOW! I have been looking forward to this for a long time! Our winter here in Utah last year was not what I would call "Successful". We had very little snow and rain during winter, let alone in spring! Our Spring was drab. We didn't get much water, which for Utah is very much needed due to this state being a desert. With those two things not working out in our favor our summer was HORRIBLE to say the least. We had multiple fires, many of which took out peoples homes and there were some fatalities. Summer was not fun! But many of the fires that were started were not caused by Mother Nature...it was Human caused. I'm not going to get into that garbage, it annoys me! Anyway, so the glorious gift we have gotten has brightened me up and make me all sorts of excited for Thanksgiving! To me Thanksgiving just isn't Thanksgiving unless you have snow! For those who might read this and don't get snow for Thanksgiving I am trully sorry! I LOVE IT...well, except for driving in it and walking on the ice! I just thoroughly love how it makes things quiet and peaceful, and everything is covered in white. The air gets cleaned too! So I have to remind my students NOT to pick up the snow and eat it due to the germs and nasty stuff in it! And of course we have to talk about the yellow snow and making snow balls. But the one thing they love to do is make snow angels! It is so funny to watch how excited they get! So without further adeu, here are some photos of what I saw when I woke this morning...at 10am! No mocking!
This is the view from the kitchen window. That is why it isn't the best photo! But you can see how snowy it is! While I was shooting that photo I was thinking about going out and doing a snow angel...but I wasn't dressed for it!
This is another picture of the backyard! Isn't it so cool? I love how much snow we got! And it is still falling, which is why I now have my gloves on. My hands are freezing as I type in my cold basement! Brrrrrr!
This is again another shot of the backyard. In the corner there we use to have a HUGE pine tree. It was seriously MASSIVE! This past summer we had it cut down because it was getting side heavy due to the stupid power company cutting the branches on one side and leaving the other side with all the branches...UMMMM, dumb! With strong enough winds that things would have fallen on my house or our neighbors to the south. That would not have been cool. So we had an adventure getting it cut down. Don't worry, no one was hurt in the removal, not even the stupid magpies! Now we have an open area for the raspberries to take over. It is pre-mo dirt with all the wood chips and fertilizer! I bet I could grow a date in there...hmmmmm!
This is our deck (it's pathetic! We need to get it fixed). Look how much snow we have! And our clothes line (some say that's old fashioned...but our clothes and sheets smell so good when we dry them outside and it saves on bills) have quite a bit sitting on them! Yea!
This is our front step. The pumpkins are under our eves and still got snowed on. The pedistal has a random frog statue my nieces love. They are goign to miss it until the snow melts! The next few pictures are of the frontal area of my house. I haven't had a chance to shoot pictures of snow in a while and blog about it. I have missed it. I hope you enjoy them!
Yes those are Halloween lights! I'm not in the mood to take them down. They give off a nice warm orange glow at night, perfect for Thanksgiving!
That is A LOT of snow! Soooo cool! I want to give a special shout out to my my nieghbors the Dugdale's and Thompson's for snow blowing our sidewalks in the front! You guys are very great neighbors! And a bigger shout out to my Mom, Celeste, and Lisa. Thank you for SHOVELING the driveway and cleaning off the cars (while I was asleep in my nice warm bed)! You guys are so very special to me and I love you with all my young girl heart! Have a great weekend! Stay safe and warm! I love comments, hope to hear from ya!

2 comments:

  1. You're not kidding, girlfriend, you got a TON of snow! Lucky!

    I remember loving the snow as a kid--and then when I had to start commuting in it, I prayed for it to go far far away. Now that I have kids, their reaction to the snow is priceless and I really value getting that one really great storm of the season.

    I'm so glad you're blogging again. Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marisa,
      I know what you mean! I once loved it so much....more than I do now. I hate walking through parking lots or on the side walk when people haven't cleared off the area and its now ice. I've fallen too many times in my life and witnessed a lot of accidents on the roads due to dorky drivers!
      Thanks for being a reader and commenter! I love your comments!

      Delete