Powered by Blogger.

Salt Lake Temple Picture

Friday, July 23, 2010

For those who read my blog you are about to learn a very fun and easy way to make a scrub for your hands. Now, I haven't tried it anywhere else, but I am really excited to try it on my elbows. They are so dry and callused that I think it will be a great way to moisturize them and make them soft!
I got the recipe from a great site I only recently found. I fell in love with it, Stephanie (it's her website) has some of the most amazing ideas! And to boot, she is a very sweet lady! Honest, she said I could copy some of her ideas! If you are looking for something to do or want to get a spark going in your life for crafting YOU HAVE GOT TO CHECK OUT HER WEBSITE!
It is: http://www.bystephanielynn.com/

I made her "Lemon Sugar Scrub". It is deeeeeevine! Here are some pictures of what I did. Now I wasn't prepared to take photos of the actual making of the scrub, but I did show you what I did to the jar and other pictures! I had a blast making it in the heat of my kitchen and with my niece crawling all over the kitchen! It seriously smells so good. I added a little extra lemon scent to make it pop so you can do the scenting to your liking like Stephanie says!

Here are the pictures I took! Let me know what ya think!



Here is the "bowl full of jelly", no just kidding! This is what it looked like when it was all mixed up! I thought it looked like playdough...but not the right consistency!



I found this jar at DI (a second hand store). I thought it was a little plain, so I took it to my craft corner and decided to apply some rub ons. I didn't have enough of the same flowers to go all the way around so I found something that I thought would go together.



I just put the scrub in the jar and thought it made it look good! But there was something missing! So.........



I thougt a little ribbon and a spoon so the person I give this to will be able to get the scrub out with would be appropriate! Tell me your honest oppinion. What do you think? I would love some feedback!

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. I love it!
    I love your pictures too!
    Great job!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    Look at you and your professional crafting! I hope to receive one of those jars of lemon-joy some day!
    :)B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I've got to make some of that for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I may have to steal it for girls camp this year :) keep the great ideas a rollin!

    ReplyDelete