Powered by Blogger.

Salt Lake Temple Picture

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Festivities!!!

Things have been so busy around my house that I haven't had much time to sit and blog. I don't really know how many people actually read this but I thought maybe it is time to post some pictures of what I have been up to. Other than stressing out at the beginning of the month and deciding to take back my life instead of letting work rule my life!

I have had so much fun with the whole "Cake Pop" thing that I decided to make some and take some pictures of them. So they are now part of my "Favorite Things To Do"! I love taking photos (though I'm not very good at it) and making cake pops/balls. I like other things but these are up there on the list!

These cake pops were so fun! I actually got my mom involved and it was a BLAST! It not only allowed me to the opportunity "de-stress" but it allowed me to get into my creative element and share some time with my mom! I love that! I now also have found a yummy kind of cake that I really like, RED VELVET! The one I used is by Duncan Hines(?) and the best part is that it DOESN'T HAVE MILK IN IT! Yea for them! They know how to make me happy! The coating on these is dark chocolate MINT! woohoooooo! Now, if you haven't had these you are so missing out! They are amazing and I got all excited about using SPRINKLES! THEY ARE SO CUTE!

Take a look at some of them with the cute background! Now rembmer these were done at night and in a room with my moms favorite color...YELLOW! It doesn't help with the way the photos turn out:)!

If you ever want to get together and do them, let me know, I am all for it! I LOVE making them, I'm not kidding! It is a blast! My hands get really dry from doing it but I love it none the less!


These are actually some Pops from a batch I made for a Christmas thing for work. I loved how the chocolate got all swirly! Don't they look cool with Santa and Mrs. Claus kissing in the background?!


These are 3 of my favorite pops from the batch for work! I love the background, seriously! So cute! I saved these 3 for me because I love the design the candy coating made. Don't they look better than the ones I made for Halloween?! I think so!


Okay so these are the ones that my mom and I did. They were a blast to do together! What a great bonding time it was!
This picture makes me think of the movie "ELF". YOu know when he is describing the places he had to travel through to get to NY? The cand cane forest, the gumdrops, etc. This is the forest of Cake Pops! Not only are they cute, but they taste so YUMMY!


I tried doing double pops for the snowman effect...didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to but they still look fun...right?! My niece loves them. She even screamed at her mom when she tried to take it away from her so she could feed her dinner (so cute)!


These were the cake balls I made. I don't know what the deal is, but everytime I try to make them they turn out looking like a plops of candy poop! I don't know how to get them to be smooth like the cake pops. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. I need help. I am helping make some for a bridal shower and I want them to turn out better than this.
OH, the candy coating I used for this is candy cane candy coating. It was so yummy, and with the red velvet cake it was absolutely DELISH! My mouth is watering like crazy right now!

So what did you do for your work parties or neighbors for the holidays? Anything fun you want to share? I would love to hear about it! Leave a comment, I really enjoy hearing your insights!

1 comment: